Over the past couple years or so I've toyed with functional programming, dabbling in Lisp, Scheme, Erlang, and most recently, Haskell. I've really enjoyed the little bit I've done and have broadened my experience and understanding in the process.
Curious as to what folks have done with Python and functional programming, I recently did a google search I should have run years ago and discovered some community classics. I'm posting them here, in the event that I might spare others such an error in oversight :-)
- Functional Programming in Python (2001)
- More Functional Programming in Python (2001)
- Even More Functional Programming in Python (2001)
- Functional programming in Python becomes lazy (2003)
- Functional Programming HOWTO (updated 2006)
- The functional module (updated 2007)
I make fairly regular use of itertools but have never used the operator module -- though I now look forward to some FP idiomatic Python playtime with it :-) I've never used functools, either.