Monday, November 07, 2005

/back

general


It's been far, far too long since my last post. I can lay the blame for
this soundly at the feet of economic hardship and business suckage. One
of my oldest business partners was acquired by LEDS last year, and this
guy continues to be the most amazing friend, resource, and bread-winner
for my company. It really blows me away. Lots of other "partner"
companies make promises out the arse, with 80% of them falling through.
Not Allen, though. He just blows my mind... if it weren't for him, I
wouldn't even be able to write this blog entry.

Okay, so that's why I've been missing in action. In my silence, though,
I have done a tremendous amount of coding. I've been working on two
different versions of twisted object brokers for CoyMon; been updating
pymon to run from python eggs; been doing an insane amount of z3
development; teaching z3; been working on some custom astronomy python
utilities; been doing python image processing again; been exploring
darcs, ubuntu, MochiKit, Dojo Toolkit, Axiom; catching up on python
blogs; catching up on DivMon, Quotient, Nevow; just signed up for http://clickchronicle.com; been
catching up on experiments in gravitational physics as well as my
5-year cycle for M-Theory refreshing.

There's also a small group of friends that have started a mail list for
very cool explorations in practical... hmmm, don't even know what to
call it... metaphysics, I guess. Some of the most amazing discussions
and conversations I've had in a while.

I expect that I'll be posting here again, soon. It feels good to be
crawling out from under the rock where I've been hiding :-)


No comments: